Art class in Asakusabashi, Tokyo access map

ARTRIP Style PotteryNihongaArtisticKid`s art contact BLOG日本語


ARTRIP BLOG

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Computational Origami



Origami is japanese art folding a paper into various forms.
When I was a child mother always taught me how to fold a bird,
a flower, a box, a fish and so on.
I like origami especially I fold them in the winter time when nothing to do outside.
Since I become younger I lent origami books and learnt from them.

For 6 years ago when I lived in IISC Bangalore India,
There was a seminar of Dr. Havard uni. about origami science.
He gave a lecture of MIURA folding.
It was interested and knew origami is not only for japanese culture anymore.

I remembered that day when I found computational Origami exhibition
at Tokyo university last week.
Computational origami is the geometry and algorithm
plays an important role in many fields such as art,
mathematics, computer science,
engineering, architecture, design and so on.
There are various amazing figures.


By the way above the paper if you fold,
you can find an rabbit below.


















Computatinal Origami exhibition at Tokyo university
http://museum.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/exihibition.html











No comments:

Post a Comment